Sunday 28 October 2012

First thrown pot and what a lovely green colour


This was made with Delta stoneware clay, using the hand-building technique of coiling. Glazed with transparent green alkaline glaze which produces this gorgeous colour.


And here's my first "successful" attempt at throwing on the wheel. Inverted commas because I had several throws before I mastered centering, however, this is very small, has a very thick base and narrow edge at the top, so not much of a success. Nevertheless, it is the first thing that came out looking pot-like. I used turquoise glaze on the outside and shiny blue/green on the inside. Oh and it's stoneware clay.

1 comment:

  1. LOL - I was reading the text about throwing a pot while seeing the hand built pot - I was getting very confused thinking that the green one was supposedly thrown! Great throwing tho - good shape. I can't do it to save my life!

    ReplyDelete